Monday, January 17, 2011

I Have A Dream



While I spend my day at home, relaxing and writing, I am mindful of why that is possible. Although I am not African American, I am still thankful for Dr. King and his work to make our country great. Because of him, my son, who is Guatemalan, is able to go to schools with children of all races. Because of him, the idea of adopting a child outside of one's own race is not taboo. And because of him, my child will have many more chances in his life. So for that, I am grateful.

So today, I honor Dr. King by posting one of his epic speeches, and by reviewing a great picturebook biography about his life. I hope you all will take the time to watch the video and read the review that follows.

Because.......

“History informs us of past mistakes from which we can learn without repeating them. It also inspires us and gives confidence and hope bred of victories already won.”
William Hastie

No comments:

Post a Comment