Sunday, January 16, 2011

Book #10 I Love You Because You're You










I Love You Because You're You, by Liza Baker, is just that-a book about loving your child no matter what. Its rhymes are simple-if there is such a thing as simple with rhyme and meter. Its words will melt your heart. And your child will walk away from this story KNOWING that you will love them no matter-even when they're cranky, and yell and scream and shout.

If you want to read a book that REALLY shows the love that parents feel for their children, this is it. In the words of Liza Baker, "I Love you any way you feel, no matter what you do. I Love you any way you are. I love you because you're you!"

And in the words of Jessica Stanford, "I love this book. It is a gem. And I would read it all again. " See, I told you that simple rhymes were hard. Haha. Well, I guess near rhymes are hard, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment