Sunday, January 9, 2011

Book # 6 Hiccups For Elephant





Hiccups For Elephant, by James Preller, is a cute really book about an elephant who has hiccups. One-by-one, elephant wakes up different animals in the jungle with his hiccuping. And, one-by one, they try to help him cure them. In the end, though, the cliche' of elephants being afraid of mice ends up being the solution to the problem.

This book is a great book for early and struggling readers. It's predictable text and easy vocabulary make it a favorite in my household of little readers. Not to mention, my little ones think that it's hilarious that the BIG elephant is scared of the tiny mouse.

Overall, I give this book a thumbs up. My kids and I will definitely be reading this book again.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds very similar to an awesome book my son has, I think it's called Achooo! It's hilarious, lots of different sneezes from little lizard ones to gigantic elephant one that blows away the jungle. It took on a life of its own with my mum reading it and my son would jump on her and and smack her. (I know that sounds crazy you had to be there and he was only little then) I will look out for that one too, it sounds fun.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, I have deemed you a very stylish blogger! To participate, check out the link to my post for details: http://republicoflions.blogspot.com/2011/01/i-am-stylish-blogger.html

    Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete