Tuesday, July 20, 2010

PB's Get No Love


I love a good chapter book just as much as anyone else, but why is it that aspiring picture book authors just don't get the "love" when it comes writing websites? I mean I totally get that chapter book authors write like 40,000-90,000 more words than a PB author-but man, PB writers write, entire stories, beginning to end, with less than 1,000 words. And sometimes, they even do it in rhyme. Now that is real talent!

Not that I'm saying that writers of other age groups aren't talented. To be honest, I love writing of any kind. One day, I'd like to write for other age groups, too. I'm just saying that I'm tired of the MG, YA, and A authors acting like their stuff is more important to society. Get over yourselves already! I mean if weren't for PB authors, those people would have never discovered the joys of reading to begin with. Am I right? Or Am I right?

So If I solicit feedback on a writer's website, please critique it. Don't snub me because I write for small children. And,don't snub me because I'm new to all this. Help a sista out! We all need help! It's the right thing to do:)

And in return, I promise to read your multiple query letter posts, over and over again, even though I'd rather pour honey all over myself and run through a bear's den. Sorry-it had to be sad.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I agree whole-heartedly. I, for one, will always give PB's the love. Keep in mind, PB writers also rewrite and revise their mss numerous times, like really a lot, like way more than any novelist.

    ReplyDelete