Sunday, September 4, 2011

Hotbed Of Out-Of-Control Behavior

Today my household is a hotbed of out-of-control behavior. Little boys are zooming through the house, like tasmian devils on a sugar highs. Little boys are are jumping from couch-to-couch, like mischievous monkeys. And little boys are eating a buffet of semi-sugary treats and drinks that would cause a full-grown adult to go into a sugar coma.

'Why in the world am I allowing this anarchy to continue?' you ask.

Research.

Today is all about perusing the internet for the agents, and finding the perfect super-group of agents to send my story to.

For the past year and half, I have worked on my craft. I have read books, articles, and blogs. I have participated in online critique groups and attended online conferences. I have even submitted one picturebook story to about 3 agents...total.

But today, is all about up-ing my game. I've talked the big talk, and now I'll walk the big walk. And in order to do that, I need to take it to the next level.

So what is the next level?

The next level, is researching pb agents until my eyes bleed, apparently. It's looking at submission guidelines-so long and so hard-that I walk away with away with a small group of feint black dots swirling around in front of my eyes, and a migraine that would bring a horse to his knees.

But, surprisingly, I'm enjoying it. The kids are playing semi-nicely. I haven't had to intercede....yet, anyway. And I'm appreciating the VERY lengthy guidelines and agents descriptions.

Because,hey, I don't want to wast my time and money either.


So, I'll continue researching until my eyes bleed. And I'll allow the anarchy to continue in my household-at least, until it seems like my children have had way too many sugary treats, and I simply must intercede with an apple or some grapes.

And I won't feel the least bit guilty. Because, hey, I am living my dream. And a good mother shows her children balance. And a good mother plays with her children and still shoots for the stars. And a good mother can do it all.

Right?

Ok. So maybe I'm feeling a little bit guilty about trying to do it all. But a good mother always worries, right?

RIGHT?

No comments:

Post a Comment