Sunday, November 14, 2010

5 Reasons Hermione Granger Is Awesome



With the release of Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 1 less than a week away, I felt that I needed to create a little more buzz for the book. You know, because the book doesn't have enough already.

So, below, are the reasons why I think Hermione Granger may just be the greatest character EVER! Enjoy! And please go out and support the movie. You know, because it probably won't do that well unless we all go out and support it.

5 Reasons Why Hermione Granger Is Awesome

1. She's REALLY smart, and she adds to the story. I hate to say it, but I'm tired of the female characters in most MG and YA novels. Most of the girls are either dumb, or they pretend they're dumb, which REALLY drives me insane. And if they are smart, they have so many other flaws that it diminishes their character. I love that Hermione does her thing, and doesn't apologize for it. She's not perfect, mind you, but she's pretty darn close.

2. Yes, she loves Ron Weasly, but she doesn't sit around pining after him all the time. Her love is appropriate. She simply waits for Ron to realize that he's an idiot, and that she's the love of his life. You're not going to see Hermione Granger stalk anyone or make any love potions. No. She bides her time, and wins him over the old fashioned way.

3. Hermione is not afraid to get her hands dirty. The thing that I love about Hermione is that she can brew a kick $#@ poly juice potion, yet throw together a rockin' look for a ball. You won't see Hermione Granger going around tying ribbons in her hair that match her robes. No. She knows how to be one of the guys and a lady. Bravo!

4. Hermione is loyal. Most girls would've jumped the 'friend ship' when they realized that their best friend was public enemy #1 of Lord Voldemort. Well, not Hermione. Hermione proves to be even more loyal than Ron, Harry's first real friend. She sticks by Harry's side through everything, thus proving that girls are way better than boys. (Hahaha. Had to throw that in there.)

5. Hermione is intuitive. She always seems to know how the other person is feeling. When Neville learns that Bellatrix is free, she has to explain how he is feeling to her less intuitive friends. And when, Cho Chang is feeling bad about liking Harry after Cedric's death, Hermione has to explain that, too. Hermione is all knowing. She is the heart and the brains of the Harry Potter Series! And that's why she is the perfect character! She stands out in a book that makes other books cower in the corner, ashamed to be sitting on the same shelf! Well, at least that's how they would feel if they had feelings. (Which they totally don't! Right?)

*Some of the facts may be muddled with that of the movie. Having read the books and watched the movies, sometimes facts run together. If something is amiss, feel free to correct me in the comments.

10 comments:

  1. Yes, many people have commented that Rowling was torn between making her rather than Harry the main character, I think she should have done so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read the book or seen the move *feel free to pass out in disbelief* but hey your Hermoine Granger plug worked on me. I think her name is really cool and I will watch and read when the series is over I hate waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good summing up! I HEART Hermione!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Hermione. She's such a great character!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Hermione! I think what I love most is her growth--she starts out a bit of an annoying know-it-all, but then learns that really, the BOOK STUFF, is supplementary for the important stuff--and she can do that, too.

    She tampers a little with some power trip stuff--comes close to crossing some lines, but in the end she is true blue to Harry, to Hagrid, to Ginny--and even to Ron, though it takes him long enough to grow up and get over his insecurities--Yup. I adore Hermione.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY. I love Hermione too. Great list, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Hermione too, so perfect she is almost the fantasy character that every young girl aspires to be like.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this post!!! So, I gave you a blog award at www.melissaddean.com! Go by and pick it up!!!!Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! Some of my favorite scenes in the whole series are when Hermione has to elucidate the feelings of her fellow classmates for the emotionally-inept Ron and Harry. It's just so typical of the difference between boys and girls - and Hermione is so right every time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like Hermione I wish I was her and she is a role model I wish everyone in my school acted that way I wish my principal acted like dumbledor that would be awesome

    ReplyDelete